Avionics Test Engineer performs functional and performance testing of FLYHT’s ground-breaking avionics products. The position works closely with the software and hardware engineering teams. A major function of the Avionics Test Engineer is to perform hands-on requirement and V&V documentation.
- Ensuring that the verification and validation processes and outputs comply with AS9100, Transport Canada CARs, and other regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that system and software requirements are fully covered through testing
- Ensuring that test coverage and results are visible to stakeholders through reports
- Making testing repeatable, robust, faster, and less prone to human error through automation
- Ensuring the quality of the Gen3 project through capturing defects and incomplete/missing features before they reach the customer
- Review System, Hardware and Software Requirements to provide feedback and derive test cases and procedures
- Create test Plans, test cases and procedures for verification of requirements
- Create tickets and provide timely feedback to developers
- Develop test fixtures as required to support testing
- Identify, obtain quotes and submit for procurement of material, software applications, electronic devices, etc. to support testing
- Execute test plans, cases and procedures and document results in a test report
- Develop test scripts to support and automate testing
- Analyze test processes to identity and facilitate efficiency improvements
- Lead limited group of engineers in a test engineer lead role
Position will involve working with the following:
- Satellite Voice and Data Communication equipment, such as Iridium and Inmarsat systems
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Embedded software avionic devices
- Multiple aircraft systems and interfaces
- Cloud/Web-based Enterprise Applications
- Experience with C, Java, SQL, C++, C#, Python and Bash scripting
- Experience in system or unit level testing, creating test plans and/or test procedures as per requirements
- Experience with Jira, Jenkins, svn, stash
- Exposure or knowledge in AWS based system testing
- Minimum: Technical degree or equivalent and 6 years of experience.
- Experience with testing embedder firmware/software systems
- Experience or familiarity in testing DevOps systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of application.
- Should have experience on communication, navigation, audio systems, flight management systems, total systems integration, etc.
- Systems integration testing experience.
- Familiarity with tools and processes for test management and reporting.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, software testing frameworks such as Selenium, and automation platforms such as Jenkins.
- Experience in working in agile environment, scrums, sprints etc.
- Knowledge of aviation standards such as RTCA DO-160, DO-178, DO-254. DO-262, ARINC 771, 781, 834
- Satellite communications experience
- Defense or Aerospace experience
- Technical leader and influencer
Please email your resume and coverletter to email@example.com