Location: Calgary. AB
FLYHT is looking for a highly motivated System Administrator and Customer Support Engineer to help manage and improve systems and infrastructure. You will get the opportunity to work on solving challenging problems in the aerospace industry and work on analytics and presentation of real-time data from aircrafts. If you are a quick learner and enjoy providing technical support to customers and building continuous delivery pipeline to ensure successful release of cutting-edge products, this may be the opportunity for you!
Fostering a community-driven work environment with the opportunity to contribute directly to the success and achievement of the company’s goals and objectives, FLYHT provides an opportunity to deliver cutting-edge products for the global aviation industry.
- Develop and manage the infrastructure and tools to enable development, verification & validation, and delivery of products into dev, test, staging and production
- Architect an environment that supports continuous delivery
- Analyze, debug and resolve production issues related including but not limited to infrastructure, applications performance, system latency and other IaaS services
- Monitor health of the application and environment, and act to return system to health when alerted
- Responsible for 24/7 technical and level-1 customer support of FLYHT’s products and services to ensure timely response to customer and internal infrastructure issues
- Escalate voice of the customer and product deficiencies to Product Management and Product Engineering
- Work on a rotating shift and provide oversight, mentorship and support to the customer support and engineering team while creating an enjoyable work environment
- Report on data metrics
- Document and maintain process, procedures and work instructions
- Maintain compliance with AS9100 certification requirements
- Experience with continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines with strict SLAs
- Strong development and deployment experience of 3+ years
- Extensive work in cloud systems (preferably AWS) with relational databases
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (AppDynamics/New Relic/Logstash/Nagios)
- Experience with configuration management and automated deployment using Ansible/Puppet/Chef
- Experience with Web Application Servers (Payara/GlassFish, Nginx)
- Knowledge of version control systems like SVN, GitHub, Bitbucket and build frameworks like TeamCity, Jenkins
- Experience with interfacing with customers and willingness to work in rotating shifts to provide 24X7 customer support
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) required to interface with a highly engaged client group
- Experience with container technologies (Docker/Vagrant)
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, an asset
- Experience with cloud foundation (Redis, ELK stack, Kafka), networking principles and technologies (Load Balancers, VPN, DNS, NAT, Firewalls), an asset
- Knowledge of avionic software development guidelines (DO-178, DO-278), an asset
- Technical writing skills, an asset
- General understanding of aircraft systems and maintenance, an asset
FLYHT’s mission is to improve aviation safety, efficiency and profitability (located in Calgary, Canada; publicly traded as: FLY:TSX.V; FLYLF:OTCQX). Airlines, leasing companies, fractional owners and original equipment manufacturers have installed the Automated Flight Information Reporting System (AFIRSTM) on their aircraft to capture, process and stream aircraft data with real-time alerts. AFIRS sends this information through satellite networks to the UpTimeTM cloud-based data center, which provides aircraft operators with direct insight into the operational status and health of their aircraft and enables them to take corrective action to maintain the highest standard of operational control.
FLYHT offers comprehensive benefits and a 9/80 work week which provides flexibility with every other Friday off.
All resumes will be retained for the duration of the recruit only; all resumes will be destroyed immediately following candidate selection. Personal information is reviewed by senior managers only, kept in strict confidence and used only for the purposes of scheduling interviews. By forwarding your resume and/or application for the position, you signify your understanding and acceptance of these terms.