Senior Embedded Software Developer
Job Summary: The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be a member of the Product Engineering team focused on enhancing the capabilities of our existing AFIRS 228 SATCOM and Flight Monitoring products and, integration with third party platforms and the development of new FLYHT products. The member will be responsible for the support and maintenance of existing software, new application development and the support of Linux and RTOS BSPs.
Attention to detail
Work well under pressure
Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
Superior analytical and creative problem solving capabilities
Balanced focus and respect for goal/process-oriented objectives
Strong collaboration skills
- This position is primarily focused on design and implementation as noted in the responsibilities.
- To work with members of the Product Engineering Team and stakeholders to understand and design/implement optimum technical solutions.
- To continuously work towards providing accurate estimates and producing work products with good quality, on-time and within the estimated effort.
- To work with team members and stakeholders, regardless of experience and expertise, to improve FLYHT’s products and processes.
- To provide assistance and guidance to team members.
- To work with the Product Engineering Manager to meet team and company objectives.
- Be available outside of normal business hours for critical support and troubleshooting.
- 6+ years of Linux and equivalent embedded development experience
- Expert in C/C++
- Proficient in other programming languages
- Completion of a B. Sc. In Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum 6 years of software development experience in a professional environment
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good knowledge and understanding of different development methodologies, practices and tools such as code repositories, testing frameworks, release practices, continuous integration, and automated build servers
- Successful track record of implementing embedded software products
- Knowledge of aeronautic industry
- Knowledge of avionic software development guidelines (DO-178, DO-278)
- Experience with satellite based communication products.
- Experience with cellular and/or Bluetooth based communication products.
- Experience with industry standard messaging protocols.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the title of the email.