Senior Application Architect
Job Summary: The Senior Application Architect will be a member of the Product Engineering team focused on architecting and designing our next generation UpTime Flight Monitoring enterprise application. The Senior Application Architect will be a key leader within the Product Engineering team.
Attention to detail
Work well under pressure
Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
Superior analytical and creative problem solving capabilities
Balanced focus and respect for goal/process-oriented objectives
Ability to work with team members to have vision executed
Strong collaboration skills
The UpTime Cloud system development aligns to the defined architecture.
- To provide leadership to team members.
- To document standards for application architecture work products.
- Architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet business needs.
- To continuously work towards providing accurate estimates and producing work products with good quality, on-time and within the estimated effort.
- To work with team members and stakeholders (with varied levels of experience and expertise) to improve FLYHT’s products and processes.
- To work with the Product Engineering Manager to meet team and company objectives.
- Be available outside of normal business hours for system support and troubleshooting
- Expert in Java based technologies and frameworks
- Expert in Scrum based agile development
- Expert in Cloud hosted and Java based enterprise development projects
- Expert in both relational and no-sql databases
- Strong experience with messaging frameworks
- Completion of a B. Sc. In Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of software architecture experience in a professional environment
- Minimum 6 years of software development experience in a professional environment
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good knowledge and understanding of different development methodologies, practices and tools such as code repositories, testing frameworks, release practices, continuous integration, and automated build servers
- Successful track record of defining architecture and guiding the implementation to align to the architecture
- Knowledge of aeronautic industry
- Knowledge of avionic software development guidelines (DO-178, DO-278)
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position name in the title of the email.