Project Engineer Technologist – 3 years
The Project Engineer / Technologist is responsible for providing engineering services for the integration of the company’s and others aeronautical products into various aircraft types. This includes designs and substantiations that meet the requirements of all applicable regulatory authorities, preparing engineering data including reports and drawings, conducting airworthiness testing and providing technical liaison both at home and abroad with prototyping, manufacturing, and installation facilities as required. As the Project Engineer / Technologist you will also work closely with the R&D and Quality Assurance departments in the design, testing and roll out of products.
Attention to detail
Work well under pressure
Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
Superior analytical and creative problem solving capabilities
Balanced focus and respect for goal/process-oriented objectives
Accurately creating and checking engineering documents
Providing customer support
Providing input and support to internal process continuous improvement
Working with internal and external teams to reduce cost and improve customer satisfaction
- Creating the following engineering reports/drawings:
- Aircraft wiring diagrams
- Wire routing drawings
- Cable harness drawings
- Aircraft Electrical Load Analysis
- Weight & Balance Amendments
- Systems Substantiation Reports
- Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
- System/Aircraft Test Procedures
- Aircraft Installation Drawings
- Maintenance Manual Supplements
- Flight Manual Supplements
- Engineering Orders
- Installation Instructions
- Perform basic troubleshooting of problems and devise solutions
- Liaise and coordinate between the Company, Delegates, and Airworthiness Authorities to maintain compliance with applicable regulations and policy for airworthiness and type certification.
- Manage the conformity process which includes the determination of items that require conformity, writing and issuing the request for conformity, tracking the conformity progress for all projects.
- Advise company personnel of procedures and requirements by conferring with other members of the aviation industry and maintaining familiarity with Canadian and foreign certification requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary diploma, preferably in a related field (e.g. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, Avionics, Aircraft Structures, Aeronautical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology);
- 3 to 5 years avionics design engineering experience
- Proficient with Solidworks, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite
- Must have experience on communication, navigation, audio systems, flight management systems, total systems integration, etc.
- Knowledge of Transport Canada, FAA and EASA regulations
- Systems integration experience (FMS, Audio, etc.) on fixed wing aircraft
- Experience on commercial aircraft
- Must possess a valid passport (travel required)
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position name in the title of the email.