Human Resources Generalist
FLYHT provides an opportunity to deliver cutting-edge products for the global aviation industry, a unique opportunity in Alberta. FLYHT leads the industry with our patented black box streaming technology and focuses on customer satisfaction and profitability as keys to success.
FLYHT’s mission is to improve aviation safety, efficiency and profitability (located in Calgary, Canada; publicly traded as: FLY:TSX.V; FLYLF:OTCQX). Airlines, leasing companies, fractional owners and original equipment manufacturers have installed the Automated Flight Information Reporting System (AFIRSTM) on their aircraft to capture, process and stream aircraft data with real-time alerts. AFIRS sends this information through satellite networks to the UpTimeTM cloud-based data center, which provides aircraft operators with direct insight into the operational status and health of their aircraft and enables them to take corrective action to maintain the highest standard of operational control.
The Company fosters a community-driven work environment with the opportunity to contribute directly to the success and achievement of the Company’s goals and objectives. FLYHT offers comprehensive benefits and a 9/80 work week which provides flexibility with every other Friday off.
Reporting to the CFO, The Human Resources Generalist must perform a range of duties supporting divisional managers and staff.
The duties consist of: talent management, administration of policies and procedures, employee relations, employment and payroll activities, employee training and development, communications, administration of benefits, company event coordination, and management of other HR programs. This position requires handling time sensitive matters in an efficient, confidential and accurate manner
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Benefits and HR Administration:
- Champion HR processes, programs, policies, and guidelines for all locations
- Partner with leaders by providing consultation, guidance, metrics and support regarding HR functions
- Administer payroll
- Administer and educate employees on benefits and maintain relationships with insurance providers
- Prime contact for health and safety matters
- Complete various governmental filings and submissions
- Communicate with internal stakeholders regarding Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and regulations
- Manage government training grant submissions
- Coordinate with managers on staffing needs, sourcing candidates, and full life cycle recruitment efforts, including new hire orientation
- Ensure effective exit interviews including analysis and recommendations
- Build and sustain beneficial relationships with employment agencies and educational institutions
- Perform interviews, screens, and recruit
- Talent management / employee relations:
- Manage salary structure, position documentation, and evaluation systems
- Recommend, develop and maintain human resource systems
- Research and develop new or revised policies and processes
- Maintain HR records, reporting, documents, and update as required
- Coordinate company events, functions, and training on and off site
- First point of contact for managers and employees requiring HR support
- Assist managers with employee relation issues by providing directional support and addressing employee issues, concerns or inquiries
- Lunch & Learn development and coordination
- Administer and implement training programs, compliance policies, and procedures for all locations
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- NetSuite experience an asset
- Experience with Canadian and American HR employment law and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resource areas, including recruitment
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management
- Effective communication skills with all levels of the organization and external environment
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, professionally and with discretion
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Ability to mediate, negotiate, coach and mentor
- Ability to travel internationally, when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, international relations or other business-related field or an equivalent amount of experience and training
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (CPC)
- 5+ years recent experience in Human Resources or other directly relevant fields.
FLYHT is guided by our core values. We are a tight-knit team who like to have fun, promote teamwork and support each other while valuing and empowering each employee. We challenge our employees to develop creative and innovative solutions. We embrace change, manage risk and continuously improve. If this sounds like a team you want to be part of, we welcome you to apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Want to put your skills to good use with an aviation industry leader? Send your resume to HR@FLYHT.com.