CFO & VP Admin.
Job Summary: The CFO & VP Admin. performs the duties of Chief Financial Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, Vice President Administration and Corporate Secretary. This role also oversees the investor relations, human resources management and quality assurance functions of the FLYHT Group with all attendant responsibilities normally defined in those roles. It is expected that Information Technology oversight will also be transitioned to this function.
Attention to Detail
Excellent leadership skills
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Human Resources Management
- Responsible for the financial wellbeing of the company and the accurate financial disclosure of the company as required by IFRS and laws and regulations for publicly traded companies
- Oversees all financial, corporate secretarial, investor relations, risk mitigation and many regulatory or “legal” operations of the company.
- Participates in approval of sales, supplier, strategic, etc. contracts and/or proposals of the group. (approve and sign for FLYHT)
- Sign all documents as delegated by the Board of Directors.
- Coordinates the preparation and publication of all financial reports.
- Ensures the Company is appropriately financed – raising/new and/or retiring old.
- Responsible for the Canadian and Over-the-counter stock exchange compliance and procedures.
- Approves all public IR communications as a member of the disclosure committee.
- Participates in strategic initiatives.
- Oversees Human Resources Administration.
- Oversees QA function.
- Oversees the Investor Relation function.
- Drafts contracts, non-disclosure agreements, etc. as required.
- Directs, oversees and participates in corporate due diligence.
- Responsible for the corporate insurance program.
- Accounting Software (ex. NetSuite, Office Suite, etc.)
- International finance and IFRS accounting
- Knowledge of Canadian Income Taxes
- Team leadership; desire and skill to lead an administrative team
- Able to communicate well (written and oral)
- Legal knowledge; experience drafting, negotiating and approving contracts.
- Canadian or US public market experience.
- Experienced as a leader in a technology company; particularly software
- Minimum 15 years in senior financial management positions.
- Public company reporting experience – prefer USA and Canada.
- Professional Accounting Designation.
- Proven experience in process and controls.
- International business experience (work in foreign locations or just work in a multi-national company).
- Proven experience with raising debt or equity.
- Experience with strategic transactions, M&A, divestment an advantage.
- Corporate secretarial experience.
- Knowledge of available government assistance programs.
- Aerospace experience
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the title of the email.